Surprising what you find...

Stuartli 17:11 24 Nov 03

Just been into Lidl (for spuds) and came across several Typhoon products at very good prices, incluuding an 8 in 1 USB2 card reader, optical mouse and a four-port USB hub.

The card reader - rather smart and similar to a Scan one owned by a relative - is priced at £12.99.

Out of curiosity I went to the TyphoonDirect UK website, where items can be purchased direct.

The card reader is priced at £28.95 and, I would imagine, plus p and p......

It's most likely to have come from the same source as the Scan model as Typhoon rebadges a lot of its products, including the excellent quality A4Tech wireless keyboard and mouse sets.

I've got the Navigator version of these and it cost £19.99 - it's pricier on the TyphoonDirect website as well.

Jester2K II 17:25 24 Nov 03

So what was said when you came home with all that and not the Spuds???

I take it Lidl is a supermarket - I'd sent hem in Germany but I've only just discovered my nearest is 0.5 miles away!! click here has a store locater jobbie....

Might have to volunteer myself for shopping duty more often (than once a year!!!)

Stuartli 17:33 24 Nov 03

No, I didn't buy one...:-)

I was thinking of my Minolta Dimage E203 digital camera and downloading from the SD card rather than the camera.

But as I use rechargeable NiMH batteries in the camera there would be little gained.

However, transferring files using a memory card could occasionally prove convenient....:-)

Stuartli 17:37 24 Nov 03

Lidl is a supermarket on similar lines to Aldi.

Not surprising as Lidl and Aldi are brothers.....

People forget that products for human consumption are produced in vastly greater quantities on the Continent than in the UK, so a lot of Lidl and Aldi's goods are amazingly cheap yet of the same quality.

Both firms also have short sessions of selling computer related equipment, including systems, along with TVs, audio goods, etc.

You'll find plenty of reference to both firms in these forums by using the search engine.

spuds 19:51 24 Nov 03

??? (;o))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…