Surge Protector

mdshamilton 12:35 11 May 04

Wickes used to sell single socket surge protectors for £3.49. Apparently they no longer sell them. Can anyone recommend where I should buy a cheap surge protector for my PC? I live near Twickenham and in the past 12 months we've had 3 power cuts, so I think it's important to protect my new PC.

MichelleC 12:56 11 May 04

Homebase sells them, and maybe Curry's et al.

wee eddie 14:05 11 May 04

What you need is a UPS.

This will allow you to close down when the lights go out. They also guarantee a clean power supply at the same time.

Unfortunately they are not cheap £80.00 or so for an inexpensive one.

spuds 14:26 11 May 04

Try Argos or Index. Some surge protectors have an additional surge connection for your telephone,and the cost extra is very little more.

byfordr 14:47 11 May 04

The Belkin ones aren't expensive...including points for your telephone and arial £22 for 8 socket one.

Prices start about £8 for 1 socket surge, £9 for 4 socket surge.

click here

mdshamilton 09:23 14 May 04

I've ordered a Belkin surge protector from

€dstowe 11:13 14 May 04

I know this is a late contribution but safety - including surge protectors - is not an area where cheapness is advisable if, indeed, it is advisable anywhere.

With items which you could be trusting your life with are concerned, buy the best available.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Studio vs iMac 5K comparison review: Apple and Microsoft all-in-one PCs battle it out

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Social media image sizes, specs and aspect ratios: the ultimate guide

New MacBook Pro release date, price and specs | New MacBook Pro 2016 announced: Now with Touch Bar…