Support at Maxtor and Retrospect........ace

Magik ®© 09:43 05 Sep 03

I just got myself a Maxtor external hard drive, and with it the Retrospect software to run it, could i get it going, in a nutshell,no.....

i rang the software makers, who then asked,is it the drive or our software,to which i replied, no idea. :-( to which he replied,"no problem sir, we will get it going" and in about 5 minutes it was all sorted...so the point of this post.

They get 10 out of 10.....

Brian-336451 11:07 05 Sep 03

I've only had excellent service from Maxtor and their products.

Just put in an 80 gig hard drive for £50 odd quid including next day courier service from Aria.

Excellent

tomhealy 11:12 05 Sep 03

Had an 80gb drive that was DOA, returned it using their advanced RMA and got a repalcement 120gb drive 3 days later.

Djohn 16:00 05 Sep 03

Agree, Maxtor not only make excellent drives, their sales and support team are first class. j.

Forum Editor 18:10 05 Sep 03

they know how to get things right, and I'm not surprised to hear about their excellent customer support service.

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Brian-336451 13:13 06 Sep 03

It might be nice to direct this feedback to Maxtor. There's nothing as sweet as being told 'you're getting it right'.

Might encourage other vendors to follow suite.

Brian-336451 13:21 06 Sep 03

Don't worry I've done it.

Southernboy 17:31 08 Sep 03

I'm proposing to buy a 80Gb USB2 drive and it would be useful to know.

Would you get the same service if bought from Dabs?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…