suggestions on a mouse!

NEOSPHEAR 12:18 14 Jan 03
  NEOSPHEAR 12:18 14 Jan 03

Looking to get a new mouse, not a major purchase i know but want something that is responsive and that is better than your standard ball mouse, preferably a 3 or more button also is there much difference in usb or serial mouse or is it just personal choice? any ideas anyone know what to go for?

Sir Radfordin™ 12:24 14 Jan 03

Go for an optical one as they tend to be better for general use.

You could go for a cordless one, but personally I don't like them.

Most PC World stores have a selection out on display, go and test them and see what you like - you don't have to buy from there if you don't want.

« Ravin » 12:37 14 Jan 03

<quote>"You could go for a cordless one, but personally I don't like them"</quote>

why? coz i was thinking of getting they give problems?

wags 13:07 14 Jan 03

Microsoft Optical Intellimouse with 4 buttons + wheel is excellent. Very responsive and comfortable and you can programme the buttons, which makes gaming easier/better. I prefer the corded variety, since my kids would walk off with a cordless one and I imagine a cordless one is less responsive, not having a direct connection with the PC (but I could be wrong)

Sir Radfordin™ 13:14 14 Jan 03

Cordless mice use batteries which depending on which model you opt for could or could not be a problem.

I've also found they tend to have a weight problem. A mouse is a very personal object!

Mastermind 13:37 14 Jan 03

I've also got a Microsoft Optical Intellimouse (4 buttons and a wheel) and I like it a lot.

Psiman 13:40 14 Jan 03

Logitech optical mouse is the best - no question in my opinion. Buy the keyboard as well, nice soft touch.

wee eddie 14:07 14 Jan 03

Samsung Optical Scroll Mouse. Not brilliant but no complaints for under £10.00

Belatucadrus 15:00 14 Jan 03

Using a Trust Ami dual scroll mouse, 4 programable buttons two scroll wheels standard PS2 connection, easily the best I've used so far.

€dstow 15:12 14 Jan 03

M$ Optical IntelliMouse Explorer I got free with my copy of Office XP. The best mouse I've used - and there's been plenty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…