Substitute Parts/Downgrade following repair?

Jaffa13377 18:09 25 May 05

I purchased a laptop from PC World in December 2002 together with a 3 year extended Warranty. The Laptop developed a fault and was sent off for repair. It came back with a note saying they had replaced the main board and cpu. However, the laptop doesn't seem to be running as well as it was prior to the original fault occurring and looking at the System Properties window general tab, the Processor appears as a 2.4 Intel Celeron. However, the original processor was a 2.4 Pentium 4. What I need to know is the best was to get the specification of the parts they have replaced i.e.: is there a utility I can run to try and determine if it has been effectively downgraded and if so, whether they can do this (I would presume they should replace it with the same parts or higher specification but am not sure). Thanks.

gudgulf 18:14 25 May 05

Everest home should give you all the information you need click here

spuds 18:22 25 May 05

Everest [ex Aida32] should give you the answer. Here is another programme that is very similar Belarc click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…