Subscription Offer

oresome 14:18 07 Dec 03

I've just received the Feb 2004 PC Advisor magazine through the post. Nothing remarkable in that, except I'm not a subscriber! I thought it had been sent in error until I read the address sheet. Apparently I've been missed and the team think I'm missing out on a splendid magazine, so they've sent me one as a taster. I actually purchase the mag. at the newsagents fairly often so I haven't missed out that much, but the enclosed offer makes a nonsense of purchasing it at the newsagents say every other month. Does demonstrate that loyalty and inertia certainly do not pay.

spuds 14:53 07 Dec 03

I receive on a monthly basis, quite a number of trade magazines free of charge. Joe public usually as to pay anything from £2.00 to £4.00 to receive one of these publications.

Recently, I unsubscribed from a magazine that I have received over a number of years. Sent in a new subscription form, which was for a reduced rate, and not only that I got a free bonus prezzie too.

Sir Radfordin 15:04 07 Dec 03

Over the years I've recevied several magazines with cover prices up to £4.00 some on a regular basis and never been asked for any form of payment.

The latest one is perhaps the most insulting - SAGA! At less than half the required age to be a customer of theirs I'm fairly confused how I've ended up on the mailing list. More worrying is the fact that as far as I know only 3 companies know my address - TV Licence people, Telewest and NPower. Quite why using any of those services makes me 50+ is anyones guess!

Guess it is the weird and wonderful world of marketing!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac