Sub £500 gaming pc?

akarenton 23:50 22 Nov 10

I've tried to hunt for a recent similar thread, but as available parts change rapidly I could find nothing recent enough to answer my question.

I'm looking for a gaming pc, tower only. It needs to be under £500 including VAT, but not necessarily including P+P if it's relatively low.

I would consider ordering parts seperately and having a local PC store build it for me (although there is a limited supply in my area).

I want to run the games at as high a setting as possible, without loss of performance.

I do not download films or music, and only have a few hundred high resolution .jpg photos saved usually so a really high capacity HD is not an issue, unless it has little effect on price.

I do not need a Blu-Ray drive

I want to be able to upgrade when necessary without having to start from scratch again.

Here's a brief list of the types of games I play, and some specific examples:

Most recent FPS / MMORPG games including:

-WoW, CoD, Combat Arms EU

Large database games including:

- Football Manager 2012

RPG including

- Oblivion and similar games

I would appreciate and welcome any advice. I've struggled to find a company myself that doesn't have at least one major issue mentioned by customers such as long delays, poor quality build/testing etc.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

The Kestrel 09:39 23 Nov 10

If you know the type of components you would like, why not try configuring your own PC at Cougar Extreme click here. Quite a number of forum members, including myself, have purchased PCs from this company and would recommend them to you.

If you know the type of components you would like, why not try configuring your own PC at Cougar Extreme click here. Quite a number of forum members, including myself, have purchased PCs from this company and would recommend them to you.

Sorry for the multiple posts!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…