Striker xtreme from cougar xtreme

smudje 21:13 08 Jan 08

Hi all , i have just received my computer from cougar and cannot for the life of me get this thing working. Spec is Gamers Intel Core 2 Duo 8800 (Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0 GHz 4Mb Cache, 4Gb Corsair Memory DDR2 800 2 x 2gb single modules, 500GB SATA Hard Drive, , Windtunnel Extreme Cooling, Tagan 1100w U33 - Force II Series - Dual Fan, 2 x 768Mb Nvidia 8800GTX graphics card DX10, QCE - Asus Striker Extreme SLI 1333FSB, 2 x Samsung DVD +/- Re-writer Lightscribe, No Floppy Disk Drive, No Monitor, Keyboard & Mouse Set Black and Silver, Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 PCI 7.1, Intergrated Monitor Speakers, , No Operating System, No Additional Software, , 13 Month Warranty, Free Carriage) 1 £1,570.18.
I have tried to reseat the gtx cards, have also tried to use only one card , have tried to take out a stick of memory and i never get past PCI INIT, any idea's greatfuly appreciated as it's going to be a ball ache sending it back, by the way I'm not getting anything from the screen its not even bringing it out of standby. Monitor is in perfect working order, plug old pc in perfect. monitor is a hp w2207h. Thnaks guys

gardener 21:50 08 Jan 08

This might sound a bit stupid but have you mistakenly connected the monitor plug into the onboard graphics socket instead of the graphics card socket?I did this when I received my new computer and had no monitor screen until I realized I'd plugged it into the wrong socket ( i.e on-board socket).

smudje 21:55 08 Jan 08

Nope, not that daft unfortunately, no disregard to you ! (Wish it was that simple) This board doesn't have onboard graphics so there is no othe port just 4 dvi's

gardener 21:56 08 Jan 08

If you don't get a suitable reply on the forum I would contact Cougar. They are very quick to respond and are very helpful.

harps1h 22:48 08 Jan 08

maybe this is why? or have you plugged the dvi into the slave card?

shellship 01:03 09 Jan 08

My Cougar came with Win XP preloaded but I had to specify that on the order. If you don't then it comes without anything...........and it won't work unless you have a spare disk of operating system.

smudje 06:53 09 Jan 08

I am going to give cougar another ring this morning, and surely even though i havn't got an os preinstalled i should still get the initial bios checks and then a prompt saying that the system can't find an os. And no the dvi is plugged into the main card, however it does seem that the slave card is plugged in directly into the white pcie 16x slot instead of the other pcie blue 16x slot for some reason. Anyway as i've said before will give them another ring and see how i get on. Fingers crossed cos its a lot of money !!

isca2 12:27 09 Jan 08

Let us know how you get on.

smudje 21:16 09 Jan 08

I have spoken to the guy that built the pc and he's said to send it back and they will get it working and install my copy of windows on it.
Have been panicking like mad but the guys at cougar seem quite nice and willing to resolve my issue. I noticed though that graphics cards were installed next to each other an i mean directly on top of eah other even though the mobo manual says to install them in the blue connectors. I have sent a message back with the pc just hope they don't take it shitty as it wasn't intended taht way !

sweetx 10:28 12 Jan 08

Are you saying the guys fitted the cards into the wrong PCI express slots?

What do you Cougar have to say about this?

Cougar Extreme 22:45 12 Jan 08

The Asus Striker Motherboard has 3 Sli slots, and the cards can be fitted in to PCI Express slots 1 & 2, or slots 1 and 3. all machines are softwared up to ensure they work prior to despatch and then wiped clean unless the customer has ordered an operating system of us or paid to have there’s installed on there behalf. The problem with this machine was the motherboard itself had either died or become damaged in transit. This board has been replaced and the operating system now installed, and is currently running a games benchmark to test out its capabilities and we hope to have this machine back with the customer by Tuesday. In answer to your reference regarding the letter you sent we have taken this in the manner it was intended have reconfigured the machine to your preferred layout although both methods of installing the card work fine.

Yours truly,

The Cougar Guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…