Still looking for a PC ~£300

UKfox 16:16 26 Aug 10

Hi I posted before about buying a PC (just the system unit as I have a good monitor etc) and was considering these.
click here
click here
click here
Acer seems to have a lot of systems reconditioned on their site.
I've been looking on ebay today and found this kind of thing is available from traders.
click here
I have around £300 at the mo but would want to upgrade the graphics and psu in the future. My question really is should I buy new from a well known dealer, maybe wait until the bank holiday sales, get a reconditioned one from acer or consider one from a trader on ebay? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

The Kestrel 22:09 26 Aug 10

The ebay PC has no operating system installed. You can add on another £80 for a OME Windows 7 home premium DVD plus you would have to do the installation yourself.

This one from ebuyer click here, taking the above into account, would be better value.

Woolwell 23:09 26 Aug 10

The problem with e-bay is lack of address of the seller and knowing what you are getting exactly. Personally I would not buy a system on e-bay.

UKfox 16:49 27 Aug 10

Thanks for the advice, I nearly went for a system on ebay on impulse I'm glad I posted now!
@ The Kestrel thanks for replying. That system on ebuyer looks like it would do me. Could you provide links on ebuyer or anywhere of a suitable psu when I want to upgrade and a good graphics card that would run well on that system with a DVI or HDMI port.

The Kestrel 20:26 27 Aug 10

There are others on this forum who are more qualified than me to recommend upgrades for your psu and graphics card. They will need to know what you intend to use your PC for, which games if any you would play and what other activities you will be doing, e.g. video editing.

helric 12:22 28 Aug 10

Hi,can`t advise on what to buy,use a CREDIT CARD if buying online then at least you have a chance of money back when people like the pcogroup.co.uk are taking money and no orders delivered.
from the voice of experience,best o luck.

Proclaimer 12:41 28 Aug 10

Try ginger.co.uk

UKfox 13:36 28 Aug 10

Hi thanks for replying. @ Proclaimer that site is rated dangerous by WOT.
I'm going to go for this one on ebuyer I think click here I've got stuff from them before and always were reliable even though they don't seem to reply to questions click here
because of the CPU and extra ram. I have looked on games sites and they recommend
click here
click here
graphics cards which one would run OK on this machine and what PSU would I need to run these? The only other thing I need is a wireless card would appreciate some feedback on this or does a dongle work as well? Thanks for all the help so far :)

UKfox 18:04 30 Aug 10

I've got advice from another forum and going to build one from scratch, thanks for help anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now