Sticky labels Grrrr

SteveWH 14:56 08 Nov 07

I have just bought a new Laptop from PC World an HP dv9500 for the price I am pleased with it but why do they insist on slapping labels on which are nigh on impossible to remove without leaving a glue residue that takes more shifting than a politician!!

How about a national campaign, but then... maybe I need to get a life :-)

grumpygramp 15:01 08 Nov 07

There are several products on the market that will do it I got mine from the Betterwear Man .

VCR97 19:29 08 Nov 07

Try Servisol Label Remover 130.

laurie53 21:19 08 Nov 07

Yes, but why should SteveWH have to pay out to get rid of what is essentially just advertising stuff?

MCE2K5 23:10 08 Nov 07

Don't use Paint Thinners like someone did in one of these forums.

jakimo 00:38 09 Nov 07

Take your pick

click here:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGLJ

Rigga 08:22 09 Nov 07

Try WD40, it's cheap and works wonders on sticky stuff. You may even have some lying around.

R.

SteveWH 08:47 09 Nov 07

Thanks all for your creative input as ever this forum comes up trumps it is though very irritating couldn't they just desist from this. The PC I bought was surrounded by advertising why put the @?!*^% labels on in the first place and if they must can they not come up with something that just peals nicely off!!!

jack 17:07 09 Nov 07

There are two types of adhesive used on the self adhesive paper Tackytight anf Tackypeel
The names are self evident all that has to done is for the appropriate print buyer to know his/her stuff.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…