stick with currys/pcworld?

janze 09:21 14 Sep 04

was thinking of buying with evesham this time, but loads of bad aftersales stories are putting me off!

Dellman 09:37 14 Sep 04

Howabout MESH?

spuds 09:52 14 Sep 04

Doesn't matter who you purchase from, there are the good reports and the bad reports, usually it is the bad reports that get all the attention.

Best to stick with the computer with the 'cast iron' warranty, and no expensive help support services [Is that possible nowadays !!].

concise 10:02 14 Sep 04

Only have one personal experience with Evesham. Laptop developed a fault under guarantee. Live locallly, took it in, "Come back next week", went back next week, job done, took it home.
A friend who is not "computer adept" has had nothing but good help with after sales setting up advice by 'phone from Evesham. I suspect that with most things people are more willing to share their bad experiences so in the end you finish up comparing Firm's failings rather than their successes!

Stuartli 12:53 14 Sep 04

For every complaint about a company there are probably 99 others of fulsome praise.

picklsey 17:36 14 Sep 04

don,t really need any online support service expensive or have the best support service here.

that,s it finnished crawling!

recap 18:43 14 Sep 04

If there is anything too go wrong with a PC it is most likely to happen within the first year of purchase. So look for a company that provides good warranties. Mesh, Dell, Compaq, Evesham, take your pick.

If you are thinking of buying from PC World buy their own make as it is the only one that I know to be fully upgradeable.

joesoaps 22:15 14 Sep 04

Can reccomend Fujitsu-Siemens Pc's ,we have 3 and never had a problem or the need to call support.Ours came from Comet but don't fall for the extended warranty scam as Fujitsu now give 2 year warranty as standard.

woodt 02:09 15 Sep 04

Have bought two desktops and three laptops over the years, all Packard Bells and all from PC World (yeah sad I know) only the first one had any problems the others have worked faultlessly cept when I broke them. Even paid for the extra warrenty, which reminds me, musty drop the oldest laptop soon..................

only kidding.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…