Stay away from GoldfishFreebies

zzapper 16:20 11 Nov 05

Don't download software from the site goldfishfreebies . com! This site pretends to be a software download site, but all the downloads install a trojan on your computer, not the program you intended.

GaT7 16:53 11 Nov 05

Thanks for the warning zzapper. Never heard or been to the site before you mentioned it.

Something definitely not right - ALL their downloadable files are exactly the same size, i.e., 307Kb. G

Forum Editor 22:53 11 Nov 05

that something on this site doesn't seem right. One download link displayed a warning message, saying that all programs instal a virus on your computer.

Whilst I have no concrete evidence, I've seen enough to enable me to endorse zzapper's warning.

Carbonara 09:51 12 Nov 05

How odd that PCA provides a "Sponsored Link" in this thread from a company asking for $42.75 in order to

"Get access to millions of movie files, MP3s, full games, TV shows and more! We show you how to find the best files around and how to copy them, no extra fees required.

We offer the tools and tutorials, and in case you need it, even live technical support"

Link in quesion is the green 'software download'

Carbonara 10:11 12 Nov 05

I should, perhaps, clarify my reason for the above post.

I got caught by one of these sites offering "FULLY LEGAL" downloads for about $39.00 they also used 'Clickbank' for processing the order. After you paid you were able to download Bittorrent which is free anyway. I got refunded when I protested that I had no intention of using P2P to download copyright materials.

Forum Editor 10:38 12 Nov 05

Thanks for pointing that out - I'll look into it.

zzapper 10:59 13 Nov 05

Thanks to action by some of the software authors whose products were listed on this site, it now seems to be off the air "for maintenance."

Just proves you can't be too careful, though.

Carbonara 23:14 24 Nov 05

The link is still there?

Belatucadrus 01:13 25 Nov 05

"Due to a breach of contract this account has been disabled.

Gratisites Management
click here"

Belatucadrus 01:14 25 Nov 05

Sorry about the link, forgot to add a space to the url.

The Moppit 21:01 16 Dec 05

I always check file size. If I am downloading a program and the file is a few hundred killobites I look elsewhere. Likely to be an Evil virus or something similar!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…