Staples - Problem with 14month Scott 19" Monitor

argus 15:08 01 Apr 03

3 weeks ago my monitor went dead, I am lead to believe the capacitor has gone. I got in touch with Staples, the original supplier, and they informed me that because it was more than 12 months old they had no liability and to get in touch with Scott direct. I was given details of a freight forwarding company, GEO Logistics, and got in touch with them. They advised they would replace the monitor on exchange but did not have a current delivery date from Germany. To date, as much as they have tried to be helpful, they still have not received a delivery date. They even gave me a contact e-mail address in Germany but no reply has been received.

Last week I got in touch with Staples, head office, out of desparation and they were initially very supportive and understanding. At the end of last week I was advised that a replacement had been organised and I was a very happy chappie.

This week, after some delay, I approached my local branch and they stated they had been informed by head office of the situation but were waiting for clarification,- 1, Because the original receipt was lost (but now found)and 2, My computer supplier had got involved, who only tried to bring influence on the whole affair, and there was confusion over who actually purchased the monitor.

Today I have been advised that a replacement monitor a 17", not 19" as originally purchased, was available for collection with only 14 days warranty. Personally I felt grieved and have stated this to their head office. I have also been in touch with the local trading standards who advised that I do have a case in that I can enforce my statuatory rights in that the monitor was purchased in good faith and that one would expect more that 14 months useage out of it.

At the immediate present time I am awaiting a reply from Staples. In the meantime Trading Standards will be sending me details of statuatory rights and advised me to confirm everything in writing and send by registered post.

I will keep you readers notified of developments.

spuds 18:44 01 Apr 03

I have had dealings with Staples on many occassions. I have always found them to be a good and honest company, but I suppose they cannot be 110% all the time. You have done the correct thing, by consulting your local trading standards for further advice. Keeps us informed.

spuds 18:50 01 Apr 03

I have had dealings with Staples on many occassions. I have always found them to be a good and honest company,and my local store have always been first class, but I suppose they cannot be 110% all the time. You have done the correct thing, by consulting your local trading standards for further advice.Was the monitor, not supplied with a 3 year warranty!!. Keeps us informed.

spuds 18:53 01 Apr 03

Sorry about the double posting.1st one was bounced back as an error, so I made further comments !!.

argus 22:41 02 Apr 03

When I purchased the machine at the time it was the last one on the shelf and no paperwork came with it. I recall dealing with their head office at the time but after various correspondence and slow replies gave up persuing it after a couple of months. I realise the moral to the story but in dealing with GEO logistics they informed me that Scott only offered a 2 year manufacturers warranty.

Pse note I am having some serious pc problems at present which I am in the middle of resolving so any replies could be a little slow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…