STAPLES Printer Cartridges - any good?

ROCKHARD 20:11 23 Feb 03

Staples had an advert in yesterday's paper advertising their own brand of compatible printer cartridges at up to 70% OFF the normal price. Seems too good to be true - has anyone any views on the quality of Staples cartridges?

Stuartli 20:34 23 Feb 03

Staples is a well established business and home supply company with many outlets plus an on-line division.

It sells major brands at keen prices and there is no reason to doubt that its compatible printer cartridge range will not be first class; they will certainly be produced by a leading manufacturer in this field.

It's the same with click here in Preston, which has been established for nearly four decades and is now part of the Farnell Group.

It stocks everything from spare parts for TV and radio (major brand spare parts and accessories), computers including systems, hardware and software and even a range of car products.

You will like the prices on most items although some of the computer products can be somewhat pricier than elsewhere.

spuds 20:57 23 Feb 03

I always find Staples product and service first rate. Check what type of cartridge that you require, as Staples do not stock a full range.Original cartridges are usually top price, but they will price match, if you ask them.They also stock a toner cartridge range which are usually on special offer.These I believe are manufactured in Ireland.

Djohn 21:32 23 Feb 03

Don't know about the quality of their ink, but can vouch highly for their paper, it's excellent!

Stuartli, do you live in or near Preston, as I notice you have mentioned it frequently in your post. Regards. J.

penny 23:48 25 Feb 03

For anyone living near Stockton on Tees, Staples are selling a lot of genuine Epsom cartridges from £1. Maybe just out of date but still good.
Unfortunately I don't have an Epsom.

Stuartli 00:09 26 Feb 03

I don't live in Preston, but worked in the town for 27 years and have visited CPC from the time it was originally housed in a wooden hut on North Road.

Now it's based in a large building built in the 1990s just off Eastway.

I buy JR compatible b/y/m/c cartridges for my seven-year-old Canon BJC600e from them at £1.75 plus VAT per pack of two (used to be only one per pack); double capacity black ones are priced at just over £2 plus VAT.

The people of Preston always proved great work colleagues, with a positive and dedicated approach at all times.

I live in the resort situated about 15 miles south..:-)

Djohn 00:18 26 Feb 03

Stuartli, I know it well, until three years back, I lived in Blackpool.

miffie 05:44 26 Feb 03

We have a Staples in Eastbourne which I use frequently .however bear in mind that VAT has to be added at the checkout for most of us
Myffie

Stuartli 13:21 26 Feb 03

I've never had VAT added at Staples - it's included in the displayed price...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…