Staples confusion.

Southernboy 14:04 24 Feb 04

Wanted to buy an Iomega 250 USB Zip Drive. Won't use PC World or Dabs because they resell secondhand as new, so deciced to check out Staples. They have the item priced at £124.99 on their website which is far greater than Amazon or Dabs, or even Iomega themselves.

Sent them an Email and they told me I could buy it in their shops at £46.99 (inclusive of VAT), which is the lowest price I have seen, so I made a 70 mile round trip to their nearest shop. Told not stocked in their shops, only available by Mail Order. They checked for me and told me that there are some in stock, although stocks are being run down. They did have the starter pack (Drive plus three 250 discs) at £118.00, but only wanted the drive. The Shop manager gave me their latest catalogue, but when I checked it, it showed the price as £124.99, which is quite ridiculous, given I could have bought it plus 3 discs, for less in the shop.

Have sent several further Emails to Staples which have been ignored.

Conclusion, are they over-charging or just incompetant?

medicine hat 16:52 24 Feb 04

Why waste your time? Try this... click here

spuds 17:56 24 Feb 04

If you want to pursue this matter further with Staples, contact Staples Customer Services Manager, Penny Tappin,Westfields,London Road,High Wycombe,Buckinghamshire, HP11 1A. Or telephone 01494 474990 Fax 01494 469282.

mole44 08:05 25 Feb 04

why not just use a high capacity pen drive,less hassle and plug and play,i use one every day there brilliant

Southernboy 17:53 26 Feb 04

Ebuyer? You must be joking! Have you read ConsumerWatch in the current PCA?

What's a Pen Drive? Never heard of it. Perhaps you could expand? It needs to have at least 250Mb capacity.

Rayuk 18:16 26 Feb 04

These are they at the bottom of the page
click here

The Kestrel 18:54 26 Feb 04

Novatech.co.uk do a 256Mb pen drive for £43-48 inc. VAT. I have one and they are excellent value and quality. Much easier to carry around than a zip drive.

Sir Radfordin 19:13 26 Feb 04

You may be making a mistake in not buying from Ebuyer - they have great prices and only when you need to return something do some people have a problem. I use them all the time and can't really fault them for the price/speed at which things get sent out.

A USB Pen Drive may suit your needs very well and there are some good prices around at the moment. Scan (click here) had some on their specials page earlier.

Southernboy 16:21 01 Mar 04

What ARE they? I have never heard of them.

How do they work? What do they look like?

byfordr 16:27 01 Mar 04

They fit in the usb port (either usb 1 or 2) are about 2.5 inches long and come up as a removable drive that you can drag and drop files into. Crucial also do them at reasonable prices click here

Southernboy 23:26 01 Mar 04

with both USB1 and USB2?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…