Spyware stoppers

jakimo 23:44 06 Mar 05

Bit of a long read,but this review claims that some of the favored spyware\adware software is not as good as we may think

click here

sidecar sid 00:19 07 Mar 05

Interesting read. But lets face it no matter what precautions you have in place to a certain extent you take a risk every time you log on to the internet. The authors of the various browser hijackers etc are always trying to stay one step ahead of the anti spyware/antivirus programmes. A certain amount of vigilance on the part of the individual is required whilst surfing the net/opening E-mail. Stay away from prOn sites,avoid illegal downloading and choose which E-mails to open with care,keep your fingers crossed and you might just get away with it.

gudgulf 00:44 07 Mar 05

Interesting that the best performers were based on the Giant scan engine...........I beat Microsoft to this company having a paid for subscription to the original Giant version.It's just like the Beta but with even more features.

sidecar sid is right though ,it takes a degree of vigilance and common sens not to mention the will power to ignore the free this and that sites to stay clean.I can't remember the last time any of my scanners picked up anything nasty but I won't be ditching any of them (add Adaware,a2,Bazooka ,Spybot S&D,SpywareBlaster,NIS2005,CoolwebShredder and Hijack This to my arsenal of antimalware tools)just yet.

The Belarussian Mafia 20:59 07 Mar 05

Just give up on Explorer and use Firefox. No popups, no spyware. What else can you ask for?...

jakimo 23:50 07 Mar 05

I can only agree with what has already been said,there isn't any software out there that will protect your system 100%,vigilance is the keyword.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009