SPV smartphone

ddma 21:48 03 Feb 03

I'm thinking about getting one of these new orange smartphones. If anyone has one or knows where to get a good deal on one I would be really grateful. I have obviously looked on the orange web site beforehand by the way..

Be warned -

I have one of these phones and have had it since December. They are very prone to "Problems" and have not been properly tested before release.

I would strongly urge you to look at the following site first before you part with your money, but then, if you did as I did and get it from click here on a Talk 200 its free!

Check out:

click here

click here

And a MUST SEE for problems is the newsgroup server:

msnews.microsoft.com

and the actual group is microsoft.public.smartphone

If you want any "inside info" give me a shout, but I can tell you it is riddled with bugs at present and Orange are simply no help whatsoever - they will replace the phone, but that does not sort out the bugs!!

cheapskate2k 21:09 04 Feb 03

Yeah they have their problems but they really are cool and if orange gets round to sorting out updates for it they can only get better. Films on your phone anyone? The amount of stuff they can do is amazing, but steer clear if you like battery life, you will get a couple of days out of it tops. I got mine for £85 on talk 30 from an inndependent place so try a few places and haggle. Try the news group because that will give you a great idea. Dont think about buying one, get one. Ive had mine a month and the problems havent annoyed me yet!

Further to my post above, the file explorer that comes with the phone is only a trial and so I downloaded the full version. I also downloaded a application that allows you to take VIDEO with the phone as well as normal pictures so much more easily than the app that the phone ships with.

I now find all my text messages are going straight to the sim card and I have to import them from there, the autosync with outlook fails constantly, the answer machine icon is permanently displayed although no messages, the phone will freeze for ages.....

Oh, and battery life? With little use I am lucky with a day!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5