Spoof eMail

jbaker65 09:38 20 Apr 06

WARNING. I am selling three items on eBay and yesterday I received an eMail supposedly asking if I would accept paypal payment for an item. I did not check the item no. to see if it was one of mine and clicked on the link to answer the question. Up popped a log in box which I filled in. This did not take me to an eBay answer screen so I immediately logged off went to eBay and changed my password details. I forwarded the eMail to eBay and they confirmed that it was a spoof. I have lost nothing because I realised quickly that it was a con. but I thought a word of warning might not go amiss.

spuds 11:17 20 Apr 06

This is one of the many hazards with eBay and PayPal. Usually there are give-away signs on the way the email is addressed, and as such, never open anything and complete any requested information.

g0slp 11:44 20 Apr 06

Similar thing happened to me a couple of weeks ago. Immediately changed my password.

However...

I had to change my password again 2 days later when eBay themselves spotted an attack on my account. (Had to change my "Secret Question" details too after successfully logging on & changing password again).

Well done eBay on this occasion.

The site responsible was a .cz domain, by the way.

bluto1 22:39 21 Apr 06

Welldone for being alert to this and thanks for the warning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…