Spectacle Cleaner

Terry Brown 09 Jul 11

I, as I'm sure a lot of you, wear glasses, and there is nothing more annoying than dust,smears & fingerprints on the lenses.

You can clean them with a clean cloth,soap or even washing up liquid (Not recommended)however I have found a better option.

From your local Pound shop, get a LCD cleaning kit, consists of a bottle of liquid, cloth and brush. A light spray on your glasses, not only cleans them, but also seems to make them anti-static, so they stay cleaner for longer.

Terry

ams4127 09 Jul 11

I just sling mine in the water, rub with soap, rinse and dry. It's worked for 65 years!!

SparkyJack 09 Jul 11

Lidl sell own brand[W5]sachets of impregnated tissues 50 in a box for a pound or so.

Keep some in the car in your wallet/bumbag/handbag and you will be able to do the job where ever you are.

finerty 09 Jul 11

Thanks Terry I pop down to my local pound shop.

finerty 09 Jul 11

We old codgers have to stick wise advice

BT 10 Jul 11

Calotherm and a tissue, or Specsavers own brand.

A little washing up liquid works like a dream, supposedly used by Anne Robinson on her large wardrobe of Specs.

Terry Brown 10 Jul 11

BT

Washing up liquid contains Sulphuric Acid, which can pit the lenses, if not cleaned off properly.

Sparkyjack Thanks for the tip about Lidl's

Terry

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message