special laptop offer from DELL but when u click b

SANAP 23:05 20 Oct 05

Got an email from DELL with special offers on laptops which i am considering, so when i get to page i click on one i want and lo and behold, the price changes upwards. i cant figure it. here's the link

click here

it says vat and delivery!!! What is going on? I was after the one on the left 9300 for €1519.00

sanap

SANAP 23:08 20 Oct 05

oops i just sussed it, when u scroll down u have to tick that u odnt want extra cover and then the price is adjusted downwards!! u normally have to tick boxes to have items included. i feel a bit of a wally now, may not buy it now!!

sanap

Skills 01:39 21 Oct 05

Ahh marketing at its best the old they opt you in for everything bar the kitchen sink and hope you dont notice and you have to opt yourself out ;)

duce 11:49 22 Oct 05

yes, this has happen to me TWICE already, is there any problems with their site?

bruno 09:29 23 Oct 05

I tried to buy a laptop on two occasions from Dell.The first time ,when it did not arrive ,I rang them and they had no trace of any order.The second time I tried to order it verbally(as opposed to online),and when I quoted diectly from a national paper all the required numbers and specifications(without a single deviation from the page),the price was £210 more than advertised.After some consultation,the Indian lady spoke to her boss,who agreed to let me have it at the advertised price.As the conversation had lasted best part of half an hour,I declined his offer,as I figure if it took this much trouble to buy something from them,how long would it take if somehing went wrong.I went and bought a new base unit locally in the end.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…