Speakers for my new PC

Fatbelly 22:08 12 Jun 05

HI,
I have just taken delivery of my new pride and joy.
I need a pair of speakers can anyone recommend a good set.

They will be used for playback of music CD's and listening to on line radio. So I want a reasonable pair. I want to pay up to £40.

Stuartli 23:02 12 Jun 05

Several major hi-fi speaker manufacturers also produce multimedia equivalents at prices that often surprise in view of their source; among them are Altec Lansing and Harmon Kardon, although the Bose models are somewhat more expensive (not a surprise!)

One source is click here whose TodayOnly page includes even keener prices on some products and often includes speakers.

There are also excellent examples from Creative, Logitech, Denon etc on the market.

If you have a Staples near you it may well have a comparator section allowing you to compare different sets of speakers, although the choice is somewhat lmited.

The Spires 23:51 12 Jun 05

I have been using the Labtec 1060's for some time, I am very impressed with them for the money, & am quite happy listening to Cd's/Mp3's for long periods. Beware of large inexpesive speakers which often rattle & have sloppy bass.

pj123 12:03 13 Jun 05

Check out: click here

All within your price range.

Totally-braindead 15:01 13 Jun 05

Novatech do some reasonable ones click here the Creative ones are good have a look here for reviews click here .
Personally I have these click here good for the money and good sound as far as I'm concerned but then I'm not really fussy about music and I must admit the style you either love or hate.

joethebow 22:01 15 Jun 05

Forget PC speakers, buy a mini hi-fi with an Aux connection, it should cost about the same. The sound will be incredible and you can plug a headset into the hi-fi for private listening without having to delve behind the PC.

I use a Rotell tuner/amp and 12" hi-fi speakers that cost me the pricly sum of £14 from a car boot. I can share my impressive opera download collection with the entire neighbourhood on a sunny Sunday morning.

Stuartli 10:24 16 Jun 05

>>buy a mini hi-fi with an Aux connection, it should cost about the same. The sound will be incredible>>

But it won't be hi-fi - not by any stretch of the imagination...:-)

Hi-fi represents high fidelity.....

joethebow 20:35 19 Jun 05

Update:

Just replaced the Rotell with a Technics, cost me £2.50. The sound is the same but the new unit looks a lot more modern.

Dizzy Bob 21:50 19 Jun 05

click here

these are excellent.

Use the collect at store option to get them at the web price, not the in-store price, and pick them up from your local store.

Dizzy Bob

Dizzy Bob 21:52 19 Jun 05

click here

sorry, linked to wrong speakers. I meant these

Durr...

Dizzy Bob 21:57 19 Jun 05

Ok, now we have established that i am an idiot. Not only did i post the wrong link, i then managed to do it again!!

To circumvent my foolish typing

go to pcworld.co.uk, use search box to find logitech z-3 speakers. £49.99 if you use collect at store or order on line.

Excellent sounding speakers for the money.

Sorry for the confusion.

Dizzy Bob

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…