Speaker choice?

gemster 16:35 PM 27 Feb 12

Hello,

I am currently running my Dell Vostro PC through my LG TV to watch movies and listen to music. I was unable to master using my TV speakers to play sound running from the PC, so i've decided to purchase some speakers for better quality than my (tiny and free) Dell supplied pc speakers.

Now I am by no means a techy person and have no idea what i'm looking for. I dont want all the bells and whistles, just something that will play decent sound. I've found these two speaker sets on amazon.co.uk - could anyone recommend either one (on gone on reviews so far) or something else and do i need a subwoofer? I don't really want to spend more than £40.

Thank you so much for any advice you could supply.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Inspire-T10-Multimedia-Speakers/dp/B000WQIKJ0/ref=sr12?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330360289&sr=1-2

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Inspire-T3130-Speaker-System/dp/B002N46YD8/ref=sr139?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1330360316&sr=1-39

Toneman 18:22 PM 27 Feb 12

I have the Creative Inspire P380 which includes a subwoofer. Think these may now be superseded but they are very effective for playing music, films etc. on my little laptop. I would think that a subwoofer would be a great asset to the two satellite speakers, on their own they wouldn't be much better than your present ones.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:53 PM 27 Feb 12

How do you have it connected?

VGA cable and audio cable ?

or HMDI cable?

Bingalau 19:31 PM 27 Feb 12

I thought we were having a change of speaker in the House of Commons for a minute there.

gemster 20:17 PM 27 Feb 12

The PC is connected via VGA to the tv and audio cables from the PC to the current speakers.

morddwyd 20:45 PM 27 Feb 12

Bingalau

Me too.Thought Bercow or his wife had finally gone too far!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:38 PM 27 Feb 12

Does the TV have Audio in jack socket or Red + white component socket?

Forum Editor 23:34 PM 27 Feb 12

Transferred to Consumerwatch from Speakers Corner.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…