Spam SMS Text Messages

georgemac 09:31 11 Jul 04

My son has recently recieved some spam text messages on his o2 PAYG handset, and the latest one appears to have charged him £1 for the privelege of recieving the text - it may have taken more but he only had £1.02 left on the phone.

While searching for info I found this site click here which lists known scams and on which you can report sms spam.

I did search the O2 website, but it simply refers you to TPS/ICSTIS, although I will also report this one to O2.

Has anyone used the grumbletext website or know of anymore? I cannot find his phone just now and he is sleeping so I will post details of the text later.

georgemac 09:39 11 Jul 04

SMS Messages

Since 11 December 2003 it is unlawful to send an unsolicited SMS marketing message to an individual. If you would like to complain about the receipt of such a message please contact the Office of the Information Commissioner. If the message contains a premium rate number contact ICSTIS. You will find contact details are under useful links
above from the Telephone Preference Service click here and click here links to OFCOM, The Infomation Commissioner and ICSTIS

at least if we all report spam texts we will hopefully be helping to end them.

georgemac 10:24 11 Jul 04

reported to O2 and the Information Commission.

from 88039 on 10/7/04 @ 13.09.04
Wk.Txt STORE to 88039.SkilGme.TsCs087147403231Winawk!Age16+£1.50perWKsub

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…