sp2 installation problem

markvogz 10:32 08 Nov 04

I have tried twice now install sp2 from microsoft cd .It stops with an error message saying it cant copy file tapi3.dll do i want to carry on without this file .Any ideas on wot to do anybody .My pc is an 11mth old mesh matrix CHEERS.

Jdoki 11:23 08 Nov 04

Does that PC have an Athlon 64 processor by any chance?

I know that there is an issue with installing SP2 on some machines with an Athlon 64bit CPU inside.

MESH have been very active in looking at this problem, so you might want to search these forums first (as it has been discussed here) and then possibly ask MESH directly for advice.

Note - this is not a problem exclusive to MESH, it is directly related to AMD 64bit CPU's. Luckily (for you, possibly) MESH seem to be the most proactive in resolving this issue.

MESH Support 17:09 08 Nov 04

Given that the PC is 11 months old it will not be an Athlon 64 system and the problem(s) we had were after the installation was complete.

I assume that you don't get problems reading other discs at all?

The most common reasons for a file problem during installation are;

CD dirty or scratched
Drive error - possible fault
Memory

The last one is the trickiest as it's often only a part of the memory that is the problem.

Do you know anyone else that's installed SP2 recently? If so, see if you can borrow their disc. Alternatively you can email me at [email protected] and I will send you another copy of SP2 on CD. If you email, please remember to include your serial/order number along with your screen name (markvogz).

Thanks for your help Jdoki. The forum search only appears to search the thread titles and not the actual posts within them so I missed this one this morning.

Davey

Mesh Support

markvogz 10:12 09 Nov 04

thankyou jdoki&davey .with a bit of luck i could be getting somewhere now.
many thanks
markvogz

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…