//some 3rd party need geo

SP2 CD Info

rickf 09:34 12 Aug 04

For those who can wait SP2 will be mounted on the CDs of these magazines in November: PC Pro, Computer Buyer and 3rd issue of Custom PC. I am sure PCA has similar plans ahead also although this has not been confrimed. Hope this info is useful to some.

Stuartli 15:33 12 Aug 04

Makes a change - I seem to remember the FE or the cover disk editor stating that Microsoft had decided a while back to stop computer mags from putting its software on their cover disks.

Diodorus Siculus 15:48 12 Aug 04

The November edition of PCPro should be out soon; I have had the September edition a couple of weeks now.

rowdy 16:50 12 Aug 04

Will also be offering SP2 on a CD according to their
september magazine.

I cannot believe that PCAdvisor will miss out on this.

rowdy

Rayuk 18:18 12 Aug 04

Have received the Oct edition PCPro today so Sept edition is at least 4 weeks away.

rickf 18:54 12 Aug 04

Rayuk, eh?

Forum Editor 19:09 12 Aug 04

is always a risky business, and I'm not taking part in it.

Al94 21:42 12 Aug 04

From a reputational point of view, surely it is in Microsoft's best interests for all XP users to install SP2 as soon as possible by whatever means. Obviously it would be preferable for honorable PC mags to distribute it rather than risk corrupt versions from dubious sources. Surely it will put a lot of pressure on MS servers for downloads and sending out CD's free will put a huge pressure on resources and costs.

woody147 23:05 12 Aug 04

I hope Microsoft aren't planning to release a service pack 3 anytime in the near future, I think the excitement would be too much to bear.
anyway, must dash - having some mates round for a few beers and a security patch downloading party.
Only kidding ;-)

Devil Monkey 00:00 13 Aug 04

Forum Editor - what does your 19:09 posting mean?

Speculation re. PC Advisor or cover disks in general? Personally speaking, I will wait till it is mounted on a cover disk and buy the first mag that has it unless it is PC Pro which I am subscribed to.

Forum Editor 01:09 13 Aug 04

There's no hidden meaning. I don't think there's much point in speculating about cover disks - I feel it's best to wait and see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…