Source for internal Dell Inspiron 1545 Part

Audio~~Chip 10:32 13 Jul 10

Hello

I need a Power DC Jack Daughter board which is a PCB strip that has the VGA, USB DC Power Jack & Ethernet on. i have found similar on a website but it is second hand and reviews for the website I found seemed to be risky.

The DC Jack fitting inside the laptop had shattered just out of warranty, it only works with holdign the AC charger cord/pin accurate to make a connection to get power.

Do Dell have a dedicated original Parts supplier website ?

MAT ALAN 17:31 13 Jul 10

Put a link to the website on here, someone might have first hand experience.
if you have any doubts why not phone them up and make some polite enquiries...

Audio~~Chip 18:28 13 Jul 10

Hello MAT ALAN, Thanks for you call!

The link for the only place I found which looked a safe bet is click here

I need what most people call the Power Daughter Board which has the DC Jack, USB, VGA Port & Ethernet Port on a PCB like strip.

They said I they need to give them the part number of it, I am currently in the process of working out how to remove the Main part of the motherboard because to get this needed part out its underneath.

Hell of a job, think I have to remove the HSF & CPU as its locked in, will be working on it again tonight later hours when its quiet.

T0SH 16:03 17 Jul 10

Visit the Dell support site look for documentation and download the manual for your model laptop one of the varieties listed (service) possibly will have a breakdown of the order for removeal and refitting of parts along with detail diagrams

Cheers HC

wee eddie 16:10 17 Jul 10

I think that this is it, click here and it will probably give you the Part Number

T0SH 16:15 17 Jul 10

the manual you are looking for is on the site in the English heading called the service manual and the part you are looking for is called the charger board

click here

Cheers HC

Audio~~Chip 16:48 17 Jul 10

Your talking rubbish. Have you read what I am requesting help on ?

Thank U TOSH you obviously understand what I am on about. Will post back when I have gone into your links and had a read up

wee eddie 04:30 18 Jul 10

Thank you for your polite response!

I can only say that it was able to give me all the necessary details of my MoBo, including parts that I did not know even existed.

Audio~~Chip 13:26 18 Jul 10

The laptop is not in a functioning state, reason I require this part, the DC Jack is shattered and battery is totally flat unable to power on.
nothing will diagnose the part I am after apart from knowledge and visual inspection then ref of the Dell part number.

A standard DC Jack and soilder job maybe possible but the full board not motherboard may be a safer bet. Not had time since posting to complete removal of motherboard.

wee eddie 14:54 18 Jul 10

Hard wired to the MoBo.

It may be possible to re-solder the connections but requires a steady hand and a Needle Tipped Soldering Iron. Not something most of us have in the cupboard. The normal Hobby Soldering Iron at 3/16ths is almost certainly too coarse.

Audio~~Chip 17:41 18 Jul 10

not finding these dell parts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced