Sound Systems, desperate help needed!

alecpichon 12:52 23 Dec 03

I'm a student looking to purchase a sound system for the PC I'm building. I've read around, and the card's not a problem, have an Audigy 2ZS.

What IS a problem is that i've got NO idea what speakers to plug into the back of the thing. I've therefore got a couple of questions to ask you learned people!

1. Is 7.1 really neccessary? I've heard that 5.1 is all you actually need.

2. My priorities for this set are as follows: Music, gaming, then home cinema. What's a good all round speaker system that I can really get fantastic music out of? (Remembering of course that I'm a student, can't afford to spend over £200 really!)

rickf 13:03 23 Dec 03

5.1 is all you need.

Stuartli 17:46 23 Dec 03

Have a look at Logitech, Altec Lansing (a well known US hi-fi speaker manufacturer, whose computer versions are sold by click here amongst others), Creative and other quality brands.

If you have a Staples near you it will probably have a comparator available where you can switch between individual sets of speakers and discover which suit you best.

Jester2K 18:02 23 Dec 03

5.1 might be all you need but 7.1 will add that little bit more if you have the extra readies. Also remember music is Stereo so 5.1 / 6.1 / 7.1 isn't a consideration for music - just DVDs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…