Sound Cards again

shellship 17:42 30 Jan 05

The Creative Soundblaster Live! that came with my Dell 8200 in 2002 has, I think, decided to misbehave. I get distortion at higher frequencies/volumes. Have checked the speaker set up on another machine - no problem. Checked the CDs on another player - no problem.

Latest issue of PCA features sound cards but does not include the basic Creative SB Live! I am not a gamer, nor a composer, but I do like listening to music, mainly classical, while at the keyboard, and good reproduction is important. My speaker set up is 2.1 with a woofer which has performed not to badly.

Any advice out there as to the best sound card for my limited purposes, please.

Charence 18:23 30 Jan 05

This looks quite good, click here. You won't be needing so many channels though.

You can also have a look at this click here or click here.

shellship 18:59 30 Jan 05

Thanks. Can't believe price of Asonic, but one review said that while it was good for gaming it wasn't so hot at audio reproduction. Will probably go for SBLive but will wait to see if any more postings.

Totally-braindead 20:07 30 Jan 05

How about the same or similar to what you have already click here

shellship 22:42 30 Jan 05

Hope you are not totally bd as I have just ordered it.

Thanks to all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…