Sound Blaster® Wireless Music

powerless 21:37 15 Oct 03

click here

It's arrived.

...Well from creative.

sdf 22:20 15 Oct 03

an excellent idea - i wont rush in blindly this time (as is my wont) but once I got some general feed back who knows....

Forum Editor 23:28 15 Oct 03

As a fellow sufferer of the rushing in blindly syndrome I know exactly what you mean.

It's tempting though, isn't it? Creative usually get things right, and this package does look the part at least. There's no mention of it on the UK website yet though, and the US site shows it as being out of stock.

In my opinion this is a product that will sell like the proverbial high-temperature cakes, and I for one will watch the market closely - where one manufacturer leads others will follow.

powerless 23:51 15 Oct 03

You need a "802.11b, 802.11g (or compatible) wireless network with access point" to have wireless sound.

Great if you have such hardware, more £££ if you do not but what wireless sound.

powerless 23:52 15 Oct 03

want

Stuartli 09:16 16 Oct 03

"Creative" usually gets it right..."

Its products are unquestionably good (for instance I have its SoundBlaster Live! card and VideoBlaster webcam), but have had constant problems with software, drivers, updating them etc.

Judging by Creative's own European website users' forums, so do a very , very considerable number of other people...:-)

sdf 11:55 16 Oct 03

I have a number of creative products too, and tho I have a few little niggles hardware wise theyre fantastic! One of the things that worries me about this product is as Stuartli pointed out in my experience too creative software often leaves something to be desired. So as I say, for the second I'll subdue my impetious nature and wait for PCA to properly review the creative offering and the competition.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now