sony vgn-nw26003 laptop

sunnystaines 10:56 05 Mar 10

sony are knocking these out in a limited special offer £99.

has anyone got one can give feedback,after having one sony laptop [vgn-fe21b] i said i would never get another due to poor support,awkward drivers, and expensive parts.

but the £99 is swaying my thinking

Woolwell 13:12 05 Mar 10

Where did you get that price from? The lowest I can find is £499.

sunnystaines 14:07 05 Mar 10

I had an email from sony they have only few available will go on sale this saturday only at the staines sony centre.

been into the store today no pre-orders taken, but spec looks good 3g ram 2.1 ghz duocpu w7 home premium, no other software incuded apart from trial mcaffee and office.

still no backup cd provided you have a recovery partition and can make your own disc from that, but if you need to replace the hdd the backup cd 's will not work as they need the recovery partition access [ so new hdd will mean back to sony at high cost or buy O/S disc], 4 hours battery life.

Woolwell 14:50 05 Mar 10

Seems a bargain.

sunnystaines 15:55 05 Mar 10

thats right cannot make my mind and get the bargin or leave it due to sony bad points as mentioned.

will go back in tomorrow to make my mind up, even if i bought a o/s at a latter date i would still be quids in.

Woolwell 15:57 05 Mar 10

An Acronis backup on an external drive should be fine. You can hardly lose at that price.

sunnystaines 13:21 06 Mar 10

store opened 10am, went in at 10.20am all the special offer £99 laptops sold out. staff said people were queued from closing time yesterday to ensure they got one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…