Sony Vaio, HP Pavillion or Dell dimension?

dac2000_uk 11:36 15 Aug 03

I am looking to buy a new desktop system and have rounded it down to three models I particularly like. The sony vaio, the hewlett packard pavillions an the dell dimension systems. Does anyone own any of these that can advise me or what do you think I should go for?

Tenner 13:09 15 Aug 03

Bought the Vaio RS122 a couple of months ago mainly because of its Picture Gear Studio as well as all the decent specs. I bought it from Staples at what was a decent price, I think and from previous experience felt I would get decent in-store help if needed - which I did, but that's another story.

I'm not going to say it's the best ( just cos I bought it ) but it seems silky smooth

Like many I have no experience of other recent systems to compare with ( unless you call a 5-year old Evesham 400mhz Celeron 'recent '! )

My main problem has been/is the steep learning curve moving from Win98 to XP ( I know ! Others will be more adept ! )

Regards

RobbyD2 13:43 15 Aug 03

I have a Sony Vaio RX305 - good computer but in hindsight probably would have gone with Dell. Sony whilst making good computers are expensive, and likely to get more bang for your buck with a Dell.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…