Sony problems. Do I try again?

kinger 21:22 31 Oct 03

official web site.

However, no matter how many times I tried, the site would not process my order. I gave my

full contact details along with my credit card number and filled forms out perfectly.

I have purchased from sites many times and had no problems before this.

On clicking 'continue' to complete the order, I was taken back to the home page or dumped

on a 'Can not find this page' message.

I wrote to Sony customer support explaining my difficulties and even gave them screen shots

of the error messages etc.

The reply came the next day. "We have no record of your name or details of placing an

order so please try again".

I tried again, about 20 times. I switched off my firewall, just in case, I was using

latest version of IE browser, cookies were switched on and Google pop up stopper etc.

switched off.

Still the site would not accept my order. Time was running out so I wrote to Sony support

again.

I explained everything about what I'd done to try and resolve the problem. Switching off firewall etc. and could they give me an alternative way to order manually as their site was too fussy and wouldn't take my order.

The reply came next day. "I noticed that you have tried several times to place your order ... switch off firewall, are you using IE 6.0? blah blah..". Please try again!

Yes, it was a standard email for standard customer queries.

I could tell that because they suggest things that you already told them you've tried.

Anyway, no alternative ordering system was given so I tried again on a different PC. No joy with that one either.

My questions are: Do Sony want my money or are they prepared to take a chance that I do get the order through?

I run a business and if a customer can't download one of my products I will bend over backwards to ensure they get it, because I could use the money and I don't want to let my customer down. Do Sony care?

Sony are about to make 20,000 of their staff redundant worldwide (you no doubt heard it on the news) because they aren't making as much money as they think they ought to be...is this because they are losing sales from the above site?

They admitted that they could see that I'd tried lots of times to place the order, so why couldn't they manually check it and direct me to the download page?

Do I try again or forget it? I have two and a half hours to decide.

Has anyone else had this type of problem with Sony.

kinger 11:01 01 Nov 03

Resolved

johnnyrocker 13:15 01 Nov 03

and the solution was?

johnny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…