Sony KV-28LS60U

mh84 16:39 PM 11 May 11

Now sure if this is the right forum for this question...sorry if its not, but Ill ask anyway! Please direct me to the right place if not?

I have a Sony TV with the above model number. There seems to be a problem with the screen. When I turn it on, the picture takes an unusually long time to come up. When it does finally come on, it is slightly off colour (i.e has a slighlty greeny/yellowy tint to it)

Ive spoken to a Sony service centre nearby who say it sounds like a problem with the LCD screen, but they cannot give an estimate of the cost to repair. They also want about £110 just to look at it and confirm what the problem is. (But They will deduct this if they fix the TV)

Im wondering if its worth getting it fixed, or if its time to upgrade to a new flat TV? Anyone have any idea of a rough cost for the LCD Screen?

chub_tor 18:39 PM 11 May 11

According to the manual this is not an LCD TV but an old CRT one. So the Sony Service Centre are not correct with their diagnosis. It is not worth getting it fixed, it is time to upgrade.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…