Sony Free Location TV anywhere in the world

freefx 19:54 09 Sep 06

Has anyone here has any clue to how this device actually work. My first impression is tht if i have one of these devices say pulg in a home say in the USA, i can then watch whever the home onwer is watching, over here on my PC (wired or wireless). Isnt that sound too good to be true even if it it $200+ in my opionion is worth every penny. Saw that in Dixon yesterday, but no time to ask the sales assistant as i was on my way to work.

Stuartli 20:14 09 Sep 06

Is it similar to this:

click here

Stuartli 20:15 09 Sep 06

More details:

click here

freefx 20:29 09 Sep 06

I believe the idea of the sony device is similar to the one above.im more interested in accessing TV programs broadcast in foreign countries from here(UK). I this device work, it will solve my problem. Just wonder what is the legal issue here.

DieSse 20:53 09 Sep 06

You can only watch the channel that the US base station is watching - and you can't change the channel - so I'm not quite sure what problem the system solves?

Dizzy Bob 21:26 09 Sep 06

You can change the channel, but may upset whoever is watching at home!!

DB

freefx 21:35 09 Sep 06

To be able to watch whatever the home(in USA) is watching is all i need. At least i dont have to wait months for SKY to transmit the programs here.

Thanks guys.

Stuartli 23:52 09 Sep 06

Very many TV stations around the world also have a website which transmits programmes either live or a little while later.

In fact the BBC does this extensively for both TV and radio.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced