//some 3rd party need geo

Sony DSC-V3

MandT 11:41 09 Oct 04

Ive been thinking about upgrading my ageing 2.3mp digital camera. Have seen this article about the new Sony DSC-V3 camera click here Its not available in this country until later in the month and was wondering if anyone had any comments to make on this camera or maybe you have purchased it overseas and would like to comment on the picture quality etc. It sounds like a really good camera, especially with a price tag of around £430.

Regards Mark

anchor 09:30 11 Oct 04

Don`t know anything about this model, but it looks "mouth-wateringly" good.

I have seen the results from the Sony DSC-V1 which were excellent. If this model is as good, they will have a winner.

georgemac 11:23 11 Oct 04

I have a dsc-v1 and it is an excellent camera.

only drawback is the battery - very expensive for a spare (if you buy a sony £50) I just wish sony would switch to high capacity aa ni-mh

accord 14:57 11 Oct 04

Do you really need 7.2mp if not then i would thoroughly recommend the V1 as georgemac suggests. Its a superb camera with all the controls you could ask for. check out click here

MandT 16:51 13 Oct 04

Thanks for your reply's. I have seen the output from the V1 and it is good and ive just recommended a friend buy one of those, but i fancy the manual controls, large screen etc with the V3.

Accord, its not just the 7.2mp i want. I was into 35mm SLR a number of years ago and i want to try out all the manual settings without having to pay digital SLR prices. I was thinking about a Canon EOS300D, but my budget is not quite that much for the time being. For me it is going to be a way of getting back into photography again and getting away from the digital point and shoot camera's. Plus my old 2.3mp Ricoh doesnt seem to cut it nowadays as far as quality goes, ok for web stuff but A4 Pics just dont look the same now the mp's are getting so high. Will maybe give the V3 a try when it comes out and see what it is like.

regards Mark

accord 19:03 13 Oct 04

The V1 I have has all the manual controls I can think of, im sure georgemac will back me up on that. It also takes some superb night shots, has infrared capabilities and is well worth the £350 i paid for it some 6 months ago.

Granted, it isnt the SLR type which you prefer.

If you can, spare an hour on a saturday or whenever and check it out in Jessops or a local photo shop,

Either way, im sure you wont be disappointed by whichever Sony you choose.

MandT 21:44 13 Oct 04

Accord thanks for the info will check it out. V1 could be a good buy if the V3 is coming out, could be a drop in the price of the V1 which would enable me to buy a larger memory stick. So that is one thing on the plus side. Guess i have got a couple of weeks to do a bit more research till the V3 comes out anyway. Thanks to all for your help.

accord 21:56 13 Oct 04

Forgot to mention about the additional memory sticks, definately purchase 128mb as a minimum, better to go for 256mb (or 2 x 128mb)

laters

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…