Sony Cyber-shot DSC-S80

Red Devil 09:21 06 Dec 05

Has anyone ACTUALLY been able to get hold of one of these cameras?

I've had one on order from Dabs.com for over a week and the order status keeps changing (for the worse) with the latest status saying that delivery has been delayed.

Watford Electronics/Savastore say that the item is out of stock as well and say that it'll take 2-5 days to get hold of them.

Anywhere else I've checked doesn't even list the camera as being available at all.

Has this product reached the shores of our green and pleasant land yet?

It's only mildly frustrating at the moment as this is a Christmas present to me from one of the members of the family but I must admit I'm now starting to get concerned that the camera might not reach me in time to be put in Santa's sack!

PaulB2005 09:47 06 Dec 05

Amazon - click here

Availability: Usually dispatched within 1 to 2 working days.

---
Jessops - click here

Availability IN STOCK - Usually dispatched in 24 hours (click here)
Delivery Options Free UK Delivery on this item (more info)
NEXT DAY DELIVERY for just £6.99 (Order before 1pm - more info)

PaulB2005 09:48 06 Dec 05

I would go with the Jessops option....

Red Devil 09:56 06 Dec 05

Cheers for that.

I'd tend to shy away from the Amazon one. I can't even see where the price is listed unless you use one of their authorised sellers and the price is WAY over priced if you do.

I wonder why Dabs and Savastore are having so much trouble getting hold of this product?

PaulB2005 10:05 06 Dec 05

Ignore Amazon. Prices are "New & Used from £185.00"

Listed are

£299.00 New

£185.00 Like New

from 3rd parties.

Ring your local Jessops and see if they have one in stock.

Red Devil 10:09 06 Dec 05

I'll have a look around. I think there's a Jessops 1 town over from where I live.

PaulB2005 10:20 06 Dec 05
  pj123 14:01 06 Dec 05

Very strange, all of these shops say it is "in stock" including ebuyer and savastore????

click here

paddy75 16:44 06 Dec 05

Red Devil try here, click here

Red Devil 17:02 06 Dec 05

Cheers for that. VERY much appreciated.

£10 less than dabs.com and free delivery to boot. That makes the camera £17 cheaper overall.

Never bought from them before so a little nervous but I have paid by credit card so have that security and peace of mind behind me seeing as the cost was over £100. I don't think it will arrive tomorrow as I may have got my order in a little late in the day but I should have it Thursday latest.

One happy bunny sitting at this computer I can tell you - will be even happier when it's delivered!! ;)

paddy75 17:09 06 Dec 05

Red Devil,i have bought from them before and i highly reccommend them,you will have no problems there,glad i was of help.Paddy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…