Sony Customer Service Woe

Buffster 13:42 05 Jun 03

I'm in shock. I thought Sony was supposed to be as reputable as they get. If they are, god help us with the cowboys!

I've unfortunately fallen on my laptop and the screen is buggered. the insurance company asked me to find out the cost of replacing the screen on my model from Sony. Sounds so simple, doesn't it.

think again.

After 5 phone calls, during which every person I have spoken to has been rude and impertinant, they have lost my extended 3 year warranty and claim I don't have one (all £200 worth). They demand a fee of £12.50 before answering any question whatsoever. Then after you have paid the money, the answer to the question is... wait for it...

if you pay another £37.50, we will answer your question.

I only want to know how much it costs to replace the screen for my model!!!!!!!!!

Boy is this a very shortened version of events!

What am I supposed to do? If Sony can behave as criminals with impunity who do I trust?

How can I get the answer to my question without being extorted any more by Sony?

The insurance company says that no other firm is authorised by them to repair it, so I can't go somewhere else. If someone else repairs it the extended warranty will be invalidated even if I get them to accept that I have it. And it still has 22 months to run.

I guess I'm a naive and innocent chap, I just can't get over how nasty - going out of their way to be nasty - Sony have been. It's like they want to achieve what they have achieved - someone who will never buy a Sony product again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…