SONY COMPUTERS-Any good??

norice 15:04 13 Aug 03

I'm looking to buy a new PC and I am seriously considering a SONY. Any Sony owners out there??

jon-226759 15:29 13 Aug 03

yo i have had a sony flap top for jus over a year very good machine bit pricey though!!!!

Mysticnas 15:35 13 Aug 03

you could get the same thing for much cheaper...

Personally i see them as a status symbol thing... etc...

Gorillaz 04:17 14 Aug 03

Not until they go wrong and then you see why you pay that bit extra, mine went down was collected on a Monday and was returned on Wednesday.
This was not even a real problem with the laptop, just me being heavy handed with the cleaning and whipped half a dozen keys of the keyboard in the process. Yes they are more expensive but well worth it.

Mysticnas 13:39 14 Aug 03

I built mine myself. I know what's in it, and all top quality components, yes they are branded, but i've looked at similar off the shelf systems and they seem to cost more than what i paid for mine, and usually you find that they lack quality components. They tend to use unbranded components such as network cards etc... and a lot of them especially Dell, use their own proprietary (spelling?) parts such as motherboards (personal experience). If after a year or 2 you want to upgrade, you have to go through the said company, which could cost more than buying the parts yourself off the net or from a computer fair.

I think more people should introduce themselves to self building, i never knew how esay it was until i tried it. It's one of those things where at the end you say "Is that it???!"

At the end of the day, some people don't want to get into the PC, just want to use it and have someone to turn to when things go wrong, they are prepared to pay the premium. It's like most things... DIY, i recently helped my brother fit a bathroom in a flat he brought, just because he couldn't find anyone who could do it within the specified time. It was hard work, physically draining, but that didn't mean we couldn't do it, whole makeover, bath, shower, sink, loo, wall tiles, floor tiles, painting, lights. he saved himself a few grand as well as getting some experience.

blah blah blah... ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…