Sony Clié PEG-NR70V

Steven135 16:02 23 Sep 03

I am thinking of getting a new PDA at present I have an Ipaq 3630 but a fancy the keyboard input which would be much faster to use during meetings.

Has anyone bought one of these, what do you think of it?

Does it sinc with Microsoft Outlook?

Thanks for your help.

Kate B 18:51 23 Sep 03

Hi Steven, the keyboard input is a bit crummy on the Clies - the keys are too tiny to do much more than tap out a very short note, and particularly frustrating if you're a touch typist. Although I touch type very fast on a proper PC, I'm much faster with Graffiti on a Clie.

Having said that, I really like the Clie range otherwise - nice implementation of the Palm OS and lots of multimedia bells and whistles plus a gorgeous hi-res screen.

There's a new model Clie due to be released soon which looks a lot like the old Psion form - you might want to hang on for that as the keyboard looks a lot more useful - the PEG-UX50.

Steven135 19:16 23 Sep 03

Thanks Kate B I will wait a while as you suggest

Steven135 21:12 23 Sep 03

Just read reviews on the PEG-UX50 looks great but sadly out of my price range.

Does anyone know if the Sony Clie range syncs with Microsoft Outlook?

Kate B 17:02 30 Sep 03

Steven123 - you can sync with Outlook but you need a third-party app - I use Chapura's Pocket Mirror, which does a fine job.

I'm on the list to borrow a UX-50 for a review - will let you know what I think when I get it. Meanwhile, have a look at this very comprehensive review: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…