Sony AD-5260S-0B or Sony AD-7280S-OB DVDRW drive?

PC_HelpMe 20:35 PM 04 Dec 11

Hi people,

I hope you can help. I am just about to buy a new internal DVDRW drive (the one in my tower has had a door/tray malfunction and despite numerous attempts to clean it, the tray just won't open 8 out of 10 attempts).

Anyway, I have spotted 2 but not quite sure what the difference is and hope you can clarify for me.

They are Sony AD-5260S-0B and Sony AD-7280S-0B.

Thank you for any help you have. :)

BRYNIT 21:06 PM 04 Dec 11

Apart from the number they have the same specs. It could be that the AD-5260-0B is an older model.

PC_HelpMe 21:20 PM 04 Dec 11

Thank you. Does it matter that one has "OEM" in the title?

http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/opticaldrives/satadvdwriters/ad-7280s-0b.html

interzone55 09:02 AM 05 Dec 11

PC_HelpMe

OEM products are generally supplied to PC builders, and normally come without manuals, install discs, boxes etc.

I would also expect a Sony OEM product to be supplied without a manufacturers warranty, so if the boxed product has more than one year warranty you should go for that

PC_HelpMe 11:08 AM 05 Dec 11

Thank you - I may just go for the 5260 model then which isn't the OEM one (if I have understood what you have said alan14).

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This 3D food printer prints chocolate, cookie dough or pizza

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone