Somewhat blank buyers....

Stuartli 11:47 22 Oct 03

Just been into Safeway and noticed that its buyers aren't a patch on those who operate for Morrisons, judging by prices for blank CD-Rs from Maxell (Hitachi).

Featured on the shelves are 10 packs of Maxell 12x and 16x CD-Rs with cases - price for either type is £7.99.

Also stacked alongside are the 48x version - price £6.99.

Apart from the fact that these packs are seriously overpriced (Safeway has sold them at £3.99 on occasions, whilst Morrisons sell three packs of the superb Imation 48x for £10), one wonders at the mentality of those who actually charge more for less..:-)

Morpheus© 12:44 22 Oct 03

that is so true i got mine from safeways and paid 3.99 and got ten sony packs of them. none in there now..

Stuartli 14:21 22 Oct 03

The Sony packs, which are subjected to the same somewhat bizzare price ranging albeit a little more expensive than the Maxells, were on offer at two packs (20 CD-Rs with cases each pack) at £20.

Sony and Imation disks are, according to click here , made by the same media manufacturer.

Stuartli 14:25 22 Oct 03

Incidentally, if you've bought a Pioneer DVD rewriter, might be worth noting this, posted on click here

Have a Pioneer DVD-R/-RW?

Do NOT use the new 4X DVD-R or 2X DVD-RW media in a Pioneer DVD recorder until you get the firmware update. The drive will burn up in 5 minutes
trying to calibrate itself for the new media.

This includes Apple SuperDrives, Compaq DVD-R, and several other Pioneer recorders, including their new DVR-A04.

See click here for details and to order a firmware CD.

Al94 14:54 22 Oct 03

I buy my Maxell CD-R's in 10 packs from Lidl and recently got them for £3.49 write speed up to 48 and have never had one fail.

Stuartli 17:14 22 Oct 03

Yes, I use Maxell (Hitachi) as well as they are excellent products.

I buy top branded CD-Rs whenever I see them at a bargain price and always with the cases.

You get what you pay for and buying unbranded ones is a lottery whilst, by the time you also factored in the cost of cases if bought in spindle form, they are practically the same price as Maxell, Imation etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…