Something to store data CD's in ?

freaky 18:42 25 Sep 06

I currently use the normal steel filing cabinets for keeping client files.

I am considering transferring these files to CD (paperless office !) has anybody got a recommendation where I can store these CD's. I did a Google search and the only company that seemed to have something suitable was Romdex.

click here

SANTOS7 18:57 25 Sep 06

click here
this may help..

SANTOS7 18:58 25 Sep 06

click here
as well..

Chris the Ancien 11:22 26 Sep 06

I had the same 'problem'. So I thought laterally.

I popped along to a major d.i.y. chain store and bought a very tough, aluminium tool box. I threw away the small tool tray in the top (but someone else found a good use for that) and I keep everything in that. The main advantage is that it doesn't matter what cases you keep the discs in because it is just a bit empty box!

It also has a padlock facility, is comparatively fire-proof, can be stored away from the computer quite easily... and it doesn't look like a container of important data and software (I'm not telling you where I actually keep it; but it's not near my computer.)

In these days when chavs, rogues etc. actually look to steal quantities of CDs etc - regardless of content which can be sorted later - I feel it adds an additional level of security.

freaky 13:46 26 Sep 06

Many thanks for your replies.

There are many ways you can store CD's including DIY containers. I had a look in Staples, but they had nothing outstanding on offer.

I wanted something that looked professional because clients visit my office.

Today I ordered A RomDex One Touch 120 (see my link above), this holds 120 CD's and includes an index, it is modular i.e. extra units can be stacked on top. Cost inclusive of VAT & Del £27.

Markus 17:33 26 Sep 06

Excelent storage range here and good service.
click here

freaky 20:22 26 Sep 06

Once again, thanks for your feedback.

I will mark this subject as resolved....but am doing another post in the Helproom for hint's and tip's of going semi-paperless.

freaky 20:13 27 Sep 06

I received today (ordered yesterday)the RomDex One Touch 120 CD storage cabinet.....very impressed with it, sturdy and well built.

It will store 120 CD's in 60 double sided sleeves. Each sleeve is numbered and includes an index. It consists of two drawers operated by a button, press this and the draw opens slowly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009