Some Smart TV's are smarter than others!

john bunyan 11:30 12 Jan 15
Answered

I mainly watch the normal Freeview channels. In the last couple of years I have bought 2 "Smart" TV's for a bedroom and a kitchen/diner. The first was a LG 42LM760T - bought for its picture quality and the very thin bezel. It had 3D, and "Smart" features. I have not used the 3D!. When I tried the "catch up" feature I found that the wireless download speed was 0.8mbps in same location that an iPad gave over 7 - corrected by a pair of homeplugs. Then I found that only BBC iPlayer is supported (presumably because the software has not downloaded flash player), so I use a Laptop or iPad with an HDMI for ITV ,4oD catch up etc..

I now also have a Samsung UE22H566A This has a wireless speed of over 7mbps (Router at 8) and has 4oD, BBC and ITV catch up.

My point is that these differences were underplayed by the salesmen. I wonder why Samsung have ITV and 4oD and LG does not?

I am well into my 70's but fortunately fairly au fait with thes issues but I bet many are puzzled by such differences and how to solve them.

spuds 13:19 12 Jan 15
Answer

Perhaps off subject slightly, but our main television is a Sony Bravia, which is suppose to have all the 'finest' gizmos available at the time of manufacture.

The only problem with me, is that I have not got past the "how to use remote" on/off, change channel stage.

Keep promising myself, that one day, I will change my glasses, take a few paracetomol , book a few hours, find the instruction book or cd/dvd, then perhaps understand what I purchased a few years ago.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…