Some good news from BT

Cymro. 13:30 09 Aug 07

It seems that BT are reducing their prises for BB. The cheapest (option one) is to come down from £18 a month to £15 a month. The only snag (if you think it a snag) is that you have to sign on for another twelve months.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:53 09 Aug 07

Tiscali are charging me £20 for line rental and 8Mb BB. BT are not even on the same planet.

G

HCOOH 14:59 09 Aug 07

They must have powerful transmitters then.

Cymro. 15:16 09 Aug 07

I have criticized BT as much as anyone, but I guess they must be doing something right with the share of the market that they have.
You pays your money and takes your choice etc.

Chegs ®™ 15:26 09 Aug 07

Tiscali are charging me £18 for my connection + phone.I cant call it BB as if it was any slower I'd have no connection.Its supposed to be "upto 8mbs" yet I've only once seen 50kb/s and the rest of my time is spent screaming in frustration @ 0.5kb/s.I have obtained my MAC and am awaiting the invoice from my new provider.

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:53 09 Aug 07

'You pays your money and takes your choice etc.'..I'd rather save £10 a month. I've had Tiscali for 3 years and the speeds are lightening fast.

G

pj123 18:11 09 Aug 07

The only good thing I have had from BT was about 6 months ago. They replaced two telegraph poles close to my house. Both these poles carried phone cables to my house which I didn't want as I don't have any BT phones.

When they replaced the poles they also removed all the cables to my house. Great!!

cream. 18:27 09 Aug 07

They've gone bust?

To follow on from pj123

" The only good thing I have had from BT "

was the final bill.

Stuartli 18:55 09 Aug 07

BT owns the infrastructure over which most broadband services are made available.

In any case TalkTalk's International3 broadband, phone and line rental package for £20.50 a month is still way, way ahead of any other ISP in the UK:

click here

i pay £30 per month,broadband,phone incl line rental unlimited landline calls and cable tv

Jimmy14 21:25 09 Aug 07

not to mention their customer support based in India. I am so glad to get rid of that company and get the 8mb speeds I deserve for the money I pay. I was with them for 3 years and the last year it went down hill.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…