some basic, basic reccomendations

mogwai1 00:12 03 Nov 08

Hi,

Basically I'm an idiot and I've just broken my laptop by dropping it. it turns on but the screen no longer works.
it's not under warranty, so it looks like I'm going to need a new computer. I have already trawled the internet looking at deals but was wondering if anyone more expert than me knew of any deals to take up on a small budget of less than £400 - laptop or PC. I only use the computer for internet, storing music, watching video and word processing really so I don't need anything amazing, but am seeking to get as much as possible for my money

I'm pretty computer illiterate so the advice of those in the know would be great!

lofty29 09:15 03 Nov 08

Why not build your own desktop, much less likely to drop it, recently upgraded my D-I-L, virtually everything replaced except software cost about £150. You would have to factor in the cost of a monitor.

Taff™ 10:04 03 Nov 08

Why not see if the laptop will still work with an external monitor? If it does you`re looking at about £100.

birdface 11:32 03 Nov 08

I am not sure if there is an age limit with household insurance but you may be covered by it.Phone them and ask if you are covered or not.If you are they will fix your claim out for you.I know nothing of laptops but usually if no picture it would be down to graphics card.maybe something just dislodged by the fall and needing reinserted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac