software for new camcorder ?

joeltr 18:43 29 Aug 05

i have just bought a new camcorder,and it came with a canon software disc, it also has a pinnacle studio 9 software disc,i havnt loaded it to my pc yet as i need to study the instructions, are the discs seperate software, or do i need to download both? as you can guess i am a complete beginner regarding camcorders, thanks joel.

STREETWORK 22:26 29 Aug 05

You should have a set of drivers for the camcorder or windows will try and allocate them for you when you connect the camcorder to the PC. Pinnicle is excellent for editing video, load it on the PC and playaround with it, soon get the hang of things.

You should use all the CD's that came with the camcorder, make sure you load them on to the PC before connecting the camcorder, reboot the PC and then connect the camcorder, windows will them recognise it and load the right drivers for you.

Also use the camcorders manufacturers website for any new drivers or software.

joeltr 13:01 30 Aug 05

sorry for the delay in replying, my pc kept timing out on this site, thanks for your advice, i will get to it now, regards joel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…