Software For Home Finances

gcs_uk 12:03 04 Sep 03

I am looking for some software that will help me to keep track of various bank balances and investments.

Any recommendations.

I dont need an all singing/all dancing package but just something that will calculate balances etc.

Any suggestions.

TIA

TBH1 13:14 04 Sep 03

I use Quicken - - quite easy once you get into it.Had it for some time now, started off as an old free version of it - - am on 2002 right now but to be quite honest, the original free one would have still done me.

I have used Microsoft Money for nearly 4 years now and have always found it to be reliable and easy to use.

You can add as much or as little detail as you want to each account and transaction.

Definately worth looking at.

Belatucadrus 13:34 04 Sep 03
  gcs_uk 13:56 04 Sep 03

Thanks for the links belatucadrus but seems they are more orientated to the business user rather than the home user but appreciate the help anyway.

I have just downloaded a free trial verson of microsoft money but getting a strange error message.

I have requested help in the Helproom section of the forum

velodrome 16:12 04 Sep 03

There was just the programme that you needed as a sreadsheet template on an earlier version of MS Works, I think that it was version 4.5 (It may still be on the latest version)

accord 16:37 04 Sep 03

MS Money works fine for me and you can download your statements etc from your online bank.

click here

Belatucadrus 16:43 04 Sep 03
  sdf 18:02 04 Sep 03

It might just be me and my family, but we haven't in all honesty had a lot of luck with MS Money, looks like it could have potential - just found it very difficult to unlock, and we are fairly computer literate. Everyone to their own I suppose. Just thought I'd offer an alternate view point. :-)

krypt1c 18:51 04 Sep 03

There are a few here click here

oresome 22:13 04 Sep 03

Have used MS Money for a couple of years now with no problems.
Updating share and unit trust prices is automated and takes seconds. Downloading bank statements and reconciling is straightforward.
As most bills are DD's and programmed in, there's not a lot of effort required to maintain it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…