Is the software form BigSoftSale authentic?

ria 10:25 01 Mar 10

Has anyone ever bought software from BigSoftSale.com?
Microsoft Office 2007 Professional & Windows 7 Ultimate for 179.95 sounds too good to be true??
I have searched the Internet on information on the company, but couldn't find out anything :(
Also the company seems to contradict itself:
Privacy Notice
Once your order is processed during regular business hours, you will be emailed the manufacturers download link and product serial number. Bigsoftsale.com does not host the download on our web site. You must go to the manufacturer’s web site to download the program.

Shipping & Returns
Can I download the software once I place the order?
No, and you must avoid purchasing download copies of Microsoft software. Download versions are illegal. Microsoft software must be shipped to you.

birdface 11:08 01 Mar 10

best left alone i think.Not a great deal about it in Google.

click here

MAT ALAN 12:11 01 Mar 10

sounds too good to be true??

THEN IT IS...

GaT7 14:48 01 Mar 10

Could be legit as they are most likely Academic versions - from the site at click here:

"All our software is 100% authentic. Some products are priced much lower at Academic Pricing Levels. These products require eligibility. Volume Licensing programs provide much lower prices."

Lack of UK address & contact telephone number & is worrying though, & so is the domain info click here. Compare this with a known legit retailer like eBuyer: click here & click here.

If you're eligble for Academic versions click here, buy the same for much less from a legit site like SoftwareForStudents click here - comes to £103 + delivery. I think all Win7 Academic versions are upgrade only - something they don't specify on BigSoftSale. G

MAT ALAN 15:17 01 Mar 10

Its the contradictions on the site that worry me as ria has posted, its basic errors but enough to ring alarm bells especially the lack of contact details...

ria 18:11 01 Mar 10

I have posted the question on a Microsoft forum and they told me to stay away from it.
This is what they said:
"How can I find out if BigSoftSale is a legitimate Company selling genuine Microsoft Software?
There are only 2 genuine download sites. One is the Microsoft Store and the other is Digital River. Neither one gives downloads to anyone who has not purchased through them.
This cannot be legitimate.
Is it possible that their download link could be to the Microsoft Store or to Digital River site?
Impossible. No one can access downloads from these sites except people who are given links to these sites when they place an order with these sites. I speak with intimate knowledge of this process.
It sounds like a scam to me.
The Office download site is probably from the trial site and they will give you a product code they have gotten from somewhere.
Windows, I have no idea where they are getting the download from.
Don't go near them unless you want a heartache."

ria 19:18 01 Mar 10

I had a look at the link to "software4students". These prices seem even more unreal?? ? Is it real??
The BigSoftSale site is really a very clever site. I registered on it to see what happens without buying anything. They send me an e-mail with all sorts of information and links, just like any legitimate site. It's no wonder so many people get sucked into buying from bogus web sites.

GaT7 19:51 01 Mar 10

"I had a look at the link to "software4students". These prices seem even more unreal?? ? Is it real??"

Absolutely. They are even linked to from the main Microsoft site - visit click here & scroll down. You can buy from any one of the other sites mentioned there as well.

The reason for the low prices is that they are Academic licences.

More detailed info on who can buy & use Educational / Academic licences click here. G

Input Overload 22:10 01 Mar 10

Registrant:
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States

Domain Name: BIGSOFTSALE.COM
Created on: 05-Dec-09
Expires on: 05-Dec-10
Last Updated on: 05-Dec-09

Administrative Contact:
Private, Registration
Domains by Proxy, Inc.
DomainsByProxy.com
15111 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
United States
(480) 624-2599 Fax -- (480) 624-2598

Input Overload 22:15 01 Mar 10

I bought Office 2007 Ultimate for under £50 from Software For Students having a student in the house means basically anyone in school or college/Uni. I got it for my 9 year old without problems. Quick delivery too, no fancy packaging though - Not missed.

click here

Input Overload 22:16 01 Mar 10

Sorry not Ultimate, Enterprise.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…