software conflicts

steved4 21:12 27 Aug 05

I recently installed norton security suite and it is not allowing me to turn on auto-protect due to a conflict with my audigy soundcard,i was wondering if anyone knew a good alternative to norton.I tried mcafee but i read that it takes up twice as much resources as norton.Is zonelabs security suite any good?

Mr Beeline 21:42 27 Aug 05

I've used Command anti virus for many years click here and been more than pleased. Very much "not" a resource hog and they put out regular virus signature updates, sometimes severel times a day... beats Nortan's once a week (unless that's changed these days).

Or if you want something free, consider AVG7. I installed this on a friends PC the other week and was pretty impressed with it.

Good luck what ever you decide to do.

Mr Beeline 21:45 27 Aug 05

Just seen you use the word "suite". Most people seem to think it's better to use different products to cover you. I use Command anti virus, MS anti spyware and Zone alarm (though I've stuck with version 5, as there are some reports of problems with the latest version).

citadel 20:03 28 Aug 05

You should find out what is causing the conflict, there may be an update to fix it. I have norton and an audigy and everything works fine.

citadel 20:03 28 Aug 05

You should find out what is causing the conflict, there may be an update to fix it. I have norton and an audigy and everything works fine.

smokingbeagle 20:37 28 Aug 05

click here

If the link does not work, there are several solutions avilable in the symantec knowledgebase.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009