so who provides the best all round service

def90csw 13:43 11 Oct 06

So which pc maker provides the best overall service to the customer?
Mesh, Dell, Novatech, Viglen, Evesham or A N Others, what do you think.

ened 15:00 11 Oct 06

I once had an experience with Dell which makes some of these recent Mesh threads look tame. I also know so many people who have been given the run around by them I am surprised they don't get as many threads as Mesh.

Jackcoms 15:25 11 Oct 06

"So which pc maker provides the best overall service to the customer?"

Based on what?

Before purchase?

After purchase?

Within warranty?

Outside of warranty?

Or should the question be "How long is a piece of string?"

def90csw 16:14 11 Oct 06

It was a general question as in who do users use in general use because of their all round ability to provide a good service, is it to complicated to ask peoples views?

Stuartli 16:21 11 Oct 06

How long is a piece of string?

The majority of people are happy with the products and service they receive from their chosen supplier, but view it as exactly what was expected.

Some, a comparatively small number, are not happy. As a result they let all and sundry know of their experiences, which tends to distort the overall picture.

Jackcoms 16:26 11 Oct 06

"Some, a comparatively small number, are not happy. As a result they let all and sundry know of their experiences, which tends to distort the overall picture."

Agreed.

On the other hand, I've had my current Dell PC for approaching 5 years and have never had a need to use Dell's customer service.

Which is probably another way of distorting the overall picture. ;-))

ened 16:27 11 Oct 06

It is a shame really because I need a new Laptop and I think some of the best available in terms of build quality, vfm and reliability are Dell. But because of my previous experiences I will never touch them.

Thanks to this Forum I will never go near Mesh but I think there is no simple answer to your question as Stuartli pointed out.

Stuartli 16:31 11 Oct 06

Similar situation. Bought a £750 Mesh system nearly three years ago for an elderly lady friend of the family (she's now 85) who had never used a computer until then.

Set up the system, detailed what she need to do including updating and, from that moment, she never looked back, even switching to Broadband by herself as people couldn't get through on the phone.

Customer or service calls required to Mesh? None.

Problems with system itself? None.

At least, like your example, it's an antidote to some of the ranting and raving about Mesh in some forum threads...:-)

def90csw 16:50 11 Oct 06

May be the question was a bit to adsvanced for you, i shall tick resolved as it may take your mind off coming up with something.

Stuartli 17:37 11 Oct 06

More likely that the responses are too advanced for you to comprehend the adage that one man's meat is another man's poison.

def90csw 18:22 11 Oct 06

Good point, i stand corrected.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now